Lancaster county is home to many childcare facilities including daycares and home daycares. Childcare facilities are an essential part of day-to-day life for many parents and guardians.
In order to provide a safe environment for children to learn and grow facilities are required to have an Emergency Operation Plan, or EOP. Under Pennsylvania Title 55 Chapter 3720.27 childcare facilities are required to have an EOP. Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency has an EOP template and guide to help facility owners and directors create their plan.
- Title 55 Chapter 3720.27
- Child Care Emergency Planning Guide
- Child Care Emergency Basic Plan
- Child Care Emergency Checklist
- Child Care Emergency Supporting Documents
- Lockdown Annex
- Preparedness for Child Care Providers
- Planning for the Needs of Children in Disaster
- Emergency Planning- Identify the purpose and components of an emergency operations plan.
Additional information can be found on Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency's School and Child Care Safety page.
If you need any assistance or have any questions regarding your organization’s emergency plans do not hesitate to reach out, our office provides on-site technical assistance.
How to Submit your Facilities Plan on the Lancaster Emergency Management Agency Website
1. Go to https://lancema.us
2. Hover over Community Resilience located in the blue banner. Several
options will appear. Click on Daycare Facilities.
3. You will arrive on the Daycare Facilities Page.
4. Scroll down until you see the Daycare Plan Submission button. Click the
Daycare Plan Submission button.
5. You will arrive on a new page. There are 10 questions to fill out.
6. Once you have answered all 10 questions hit the submit button.